Project 1 Reflection (lgrazios)

This manifesto is an actual representation of what I believe, and what I feel as a Computer Scientist. I wouldn’t personally call it a war cry; personally I feel it is more of a statement of how I envision myself in the world. It says what I want to do, and how I want to be. In this class we have discussed how programming can be a super power and even if I wouldn’t go as far as to say it is a super power, being able to program is a very powerful skill, which can have a lot of leverage in todays world. I see it as a skill because as the manifesto says anyone can learn to code, which I feel is one of the key points in the manifesto. Coding and programming has always been a taboo topic, before I ever learned to code I always saw it as something only geniuses could do and I feel it is the same thing with most people, any time you mention you are a Computer Science major people react a certain way, but that is exactly what this manifesto intends to address. In a way the manifesto is written as a C++ program, but in a way if anyone reads it, it might be easy to follow and break the taboo that programming has become.


            I really identify with the portrait we created about a Notre Dame Computer Science and Engineering major because we tried to make it very general in a lot of the aspects because there isn’t really one portrait for a ND CSE major. Our class is so diverse there is no specific portrait, and since anyone can code the portrait displays that same idea. I really hope the manifesto and the portrait are helpful to computer science because I really enjoy it, I love it, and so I want other people to enjoy it like I do. And just by looking at the trend CSE has been becoming more and more popular each year. And this hopefully positively changes how the world views us.

Comments

Popular Posts