Project 03 Reflection (lgrazios)


Personally after going through the challenges I did take some action in my technology habits, but to be honest they weren’t that huge. For example after Challenge 1 I went into my cellphone and I disabled certain data from several apps that don’t really use it or need it.  After Challenge 2 I did the test in panopticlick and even though it returned all of the data points that identify me when I am online I didn’t really do anything about it. After Challenge 3 after applying the magic sauce I wasn’t really impressed with the data gathered from me, because I am not really that much of an active Facebook user, and I don’t have a twitter either, so the websites prediction of me and my personality was actually very off.  So, it makes me feel confortable of my online social identity. I really didn’t do Challenge 4, not because it was too hard or something like that, but because it is actually something I already do almost everyday. I really impressed me how other people might find this really hard, it just seems we have become to dependent and attached to technology to a point where we can’t live without it. And after the final challenge, Challenge 5, I was really impressed by how I found my self changing what I described as my own privacy terms and condition so that it match the level of privacy I have with applications I like and use. This shows how I prefer technological convenience over privacy, in way I think it might be because since I’ve been a young this idea of privacy hasn’t been as important, at least not compared to what my parents experienced. So in a way that might be a factor in me caring less about privacy. Independent of my personal opinion on privacy I actually do think privacy in general is really important, but we have taken it for granted. In general I believe privacy is a right, and people should be able to take it back if and when they want to. But they should be aware of what effect taking their privacy might have, for example giving up our privacy it the cost for having all the technological advances, so I person could give up the technological benefits they get by taking back their privacy. The issue now is that people don’t accept this yet, and want to have it all.

Comments

Popular Posts